KNEA joins with many organizations to make public schools great for every child and to strengthen the teaching profession. Here are just a few examples of the may ways we reach out to our communities.
- Challenge Awards: KNEA helps sponsor the Challenge Awards every year through the Confidence in Public Education Task Force. The awards recognize performance on state assessments that exceeds normal expectations based on SES and sample size.
- QUEST: KNEA is a primary sponsor of QUEST, an academic high school competition produced by KTWU and Washburn University. http://www.washburn.edu/reference/quest/
In addition to working with the Kansas State Department of Education and school boards and school administrators at the local and state levels, we partner with the following organizations:
- Communities in Schools Kansas
- Kansas Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Kansas Commission on Graduation and Dropout Prevention and Recovery
- Kansas Enrichment Network
- Kansas Learning First Alliance
- Kansas Parent Information Center
- Kansas Staff Development Council
Subscribe to the Works4Me newsletter and never miss a great tip!